1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Humans in leadership tend to lust after power and control over those whom they have been elected to SERVE.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Financial Responsibility: Out-of-control and wasteful spending prevents our finances to be used for more important, necessary needs. Doing What is RIGHT: Most of us know right from wrong. Only when we insist on doing things according to God's wisdom and guidance, will our country be successful and prosperous. The baby in the womb has a God-given right to life, and our laws should protect those lives. The way we treat the very young and very old defines what kind of people we truly are. Federal Government Overreach: Big government violates the 9th and 10th amendments of our Constitution. Programs run by government waste precious funds, and almost never come in under budget. The Federal government is not supposed to control every aspect of our lives, nor intrude on our privacy and peaceful living (4th amendment). Our 1st and 2nd amendment rights are being trampled upon by our current government. Let us all remember: "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do..."
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Only to save the life of the mother, a most rare situation.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court.
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a sinner saved by grace. Jesus Christ, true God and true Man, paid for all my sins by His sacrifice on the cross. Salvation is a free gift from God. Even my faith is a gift from God. I can do nothing worthwhile without God's working in my life, but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.