1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court, Industry, Academia, Media, Professional Sports
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The preamble to our Constitution states we must "secure the blessings of liberty." Liberty is a blessing bestowed upon us by our creator - an unalienable right. However it must be secured. Man is inherently not perfect. As a result we must protect our family, our property, and our nation from our fellow man who may do us harm.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
In 2010, I was elected to Congress. Prior to Congress, I co-founded an oil and gas industry small business, and I worked as an attorney helping job creators in South Louisiana. I am a veteran who left the military with the rank of Sergeant after receiving the Army Achievement Medal, the Army Commendation Medal, a National Defense Ribbon, and the Louisiana War Cross from eleven years of service in the Louisiana National Guard. I was an aide in the State Senate. And I have a background fighting crime in law enforcement serving as a Sheriff’s Deputy and Police Officer. I hold a Juris Doctor of Law degree from Loyola University and a B.S. from the University of Southwestern Louisiana. My wife, Sharon, and I are raising our son in New Iberia.
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
I am a member of the National Rifle Association, Ducks Unlimited, the World Billfish Foundation, Knights of Columbus, the American Legion, and the Iberia Parish Republican Committee. I am a contributor to a large number of charitable causes in my community and nationally including the National Pro-Life Alliance and the Special Olympics. --- As there is no space to list these issues, let me make note here of some of my actions in Congress. I led efforts against the Obama Administration's HHS mandates, including compiling amicus curiae briefs for a legal challenge. I not only attend the national March for Life, I have been a public speaker. I was the first elected official in Louisiana to oppose an LGBT minor degree offered at a local University - the first lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender degree offering from any college in the state. I felt it was a misplacement of taxpayer resources.
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements you have received from groups or individuals.
Family Research Council (FRC Action), National Right to Life, Lafayette Tea Party, FreedomWorks, Tea Party of Louisiana, RED STATE, Citizens United, Calcasieu Parish (county) Republican Party