1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
No. Rape and incest do not constitute conditions that would justify the taking of the unborn life. Every life is sacred. Better to give compassion and gentle care to the mother, and facilitate opportunity for adoption if she desires.
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God , Voters , Constitution
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
It is the ambition for power that then makes him vulnerable to becoming vicious and corrupt, leading to tyranny and suffering.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Tulane University, B.S. 1980 Biology Tulane University School of Medicine, M.D. 1984 Ochsner Foundation Hospital, Intenship Internal Medicine 1985 Ochsner Foundation Hospital, Residency Internal Medicine 1987 Diplomat Board of Internal Medicine 1987 Medical College of Wisconsin, Residency Emergency Medicine 1990 Diplomat Board of Emergency Medicine, 1992 Clinical Faculty Medical University of South Carolina 1990-1991 Private Practice Emergency Medicine, Lake Charles Memorial Hospital 1991 - 1998 Private Practice Emergency Medicine Richland Memorial Hospital, Jackson Tenn 4/1998 - 2/1999 Director, Urgent Care Clinic , Lake Charles, LA 1999-2001 Asst Professor LSU School of Medicine, Family Practice Residency at Lake Charles 2001 - 2006 Private Practice Internal Medicine Lake Charles, Louisiana. Traditional Solo Practice 2006 - Present. Operates as a small family business.
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Calcasieu Community Clinic , Board of Directors 2003-2005 Calcasieu Community Clinic Physician Volunter 2002- Present. The clinic provides free healthcare to low income patients in our community. Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic Church , 1992- present , family oriented volunteer activities with my children that include gardening for the church, choir activities, etc. Diocese of Lake Charles Task Force on Pornography 2012 Calcasieu Parish Medical Society 1991 - present, Secretary 2003 SouthWest Louisiana Rifle and Pistol Club approx 1992 - present Lake Charles Little Theater
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements you have received from groups or individuals.
Nominated to the ballot by petition of 1147 registered voters in 7 Parishes, certified by the Registrar of Voters and Louisiana Secretary of State I do not seek nor accept the endorsement of organizations or individuals who have taken campaign money. This would compromise me by association.