1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
His/her parents and then local, state and federal
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Rape, incest and when the life of the mother is in danger. I was born out wedlock so I believe all women should have their children and provide them with a good life to the best of their abilities. If they cannot afford to provide for their child, seek help from community leaders and local churches.
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court, voters, industry, academia, media and professional sports.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
To prevent any dictators to control the Executive, Legislative and Judicial bodies all at once.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Served a 20-year tenure with the United States Air Force. Served as Chief of Services, Morale, Welfare and Recreation Services. Also served a 2-year tenure as Assistant to the Inspector General of the Air Force in the Pentagon. Served a 4-year tenure as Professor for Central Texas College at Yokota Air Base Japan--implemented a local Hotel and Restaurant Administration Internship program with local hotels and restaurants. Served a 4 year term as Sunday School teacher for children on base at Yokota AB. At the Messiah United Methodist Church in Kenner, have been a volunteer instructor for English as a second language and GED night school. Degrees: AA/AS from: Saint Leo University, Okaloosa Walton Community College, Air University. BA: Saint Leo University MA/Ph.D., LaSalle University. Other MBA/MS work: Webster University and LSU. Have sought the 1st (2) and 2nd congressional district and Louisiana Governor positions
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
West Tokyo Toastmasters Club Chairman of The 500 Years of Hispanic Heritage Celebration in Washington D.C. Director of Progressive Democrats of America for over 4 years. Member of the Louisiana Democratic State Central Committee 4 years. Member of the Jefferson Parish Democratic Executive Committee 3 years.
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements you have received from groups or individuals.
From my son Oggy Mendoza and 4 other Louisiana National Guard members deployed to Afghanistan that I pledged to take care of their families while they were deployed but upon their return they were unemployed and suffering different mental stress disorders. Same problem with my son Michael.