1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The Founding Fathers understood that man is fallible and can be consumed by power. When explaining separation of powers, Madison writes in Federalist 55, "There is a degree of depravity in mankind which requires a certain degree of circumspection and distrust."
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1) Jobs and the Economy: Our country is in economic crisis. Family incomes have decreased over the last several years, while prices have increased and jobs have become harder to find. This is not the America we were raised in. We must get back to prosperity. 2) Healthcare/Obamacare: A Federal takeover of healthcare does not solve our problems and will not bring costs down. We need free-market healthcare reform that is patient-centered and expands choice. A top-down, one size fits all bureaucratic nightmare is the wrong way to do. 3) Debt/Deficit Reduction: We are saddling the next generation with an unsustainable debt burden that is nothing short of immoral. We must get serious about making the choices that will put an end to deficits and start paying down our debt.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Rape, Incest, Life of the Mother.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I was raised with Christian values and those are the values by which I live.