1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Under the British Monarchy, our Founders experienced tyranny when power is retained mainly by one person. They saw firsthand the results of an overarching central government. They dealt with laws passed down by those who answer to virtually no one. Based upon their knowledge of history with the Roman Republic and Ancient Greece, they realized a decentralized government with checks and balances, that answered to the people was less likely to fall to tyranny. They also had a strong faith in God.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Debt & Spending is unsustainable at the current levels. $17.5 trillion in current debt $128.7 trillion in unfunded liabilities has placed unnecessary burdens on the American public, future generations and is straining our monetary system to the breaking point. We must cut the spending, cap the debt and balance the budget. Affordable Care Act/Obamacare (ACA) will add to the deficit and the federal debt. It will consume at least 1/6 of the federal budget. This is also an overstepping of authority of the States. The US Constitution does not support this type of legislation. The ACA must be repealed. I will vote to repeal. Life begins at conception. We must protect the most vulnerable among us. The first bill I will sponsor will be to overturn Doe v Bolton, the US Supreme Court decision legalizing late/full term abortions. I will then work on Roe v Wade. As we work through legislation, I will not vote in favor of a bill or budget that provides for tax payer funding of abortion.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Define extenuating circumstances. If pregnancy is due to an act of rape or incest, no. Why should an innocent life be taken for the act of a criminal? The women who have experienced these unthinkable acts need counseling to work through the emotional scars. Counseling should also include giving birth to the innocent child. If the mother does not feel she has the emotional stability to raise this child, then adoption, not abortion should be the alternative answer. In the rare cases to save the life of the mother, every effort must be made to save the lives of the mother and the baby/babies. Medical technology has advanced to the point where the child is viable at 21 weeks gestation. Certainly medical technology is also advanced enough so the life of the mother is very rarely at risk. 56 million innocent lives have been taken since the legalization of abortions through Doe v Wade in 1973. The time is long past to stop the genocide.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a born again believer. God is the Creator, Jesus is his Son, sent for the redemption of our sins. The Holy Spirit is our Comforter. I believe as Christians we are to preach the good news. To live our lives as Christ lived his. To build a relationship with God the Father. To experience the power of and allow the Holy Spirit to live dwell in us. My core values are based upon my Judeo-Christian beliefs. I also believe the US Constitution is based upon Judeo-Christian values. When I take the Oath of Office to uphold and defend the US Constitution, I will hold firm to that Oath. Finally, I will work relentlessly to save our Republic. America is the shining beacon for all the world to see. We should want other countries to emulate the US and experience true freedom.