1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The potential tyrannical nature of those with power. Lord Acton "Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1) Nevada land use: Federal government controls or owns over 80% of Nevada's land. This reality stifles potential growth in the state of Nevada 2) Under the Obama Administration there is a record number of regulation in the federal registry. These regulations are not made through acts of Congress, but by bureaucratic fiat--these regulations disproportionately impact small business, which are the greatest generator of jobs. Prosperity is stifled by these regulations. 3) Affordable Care Act: Government intrusion into the most intimate aspect of individual's lives is Obamacare. It is having a devastating impact on jobs, market stability, and economic growth. It must be repealed and replaced.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Yes: rape, incest, health of the mother.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters Congress Supreme Court
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am Episcopalian Christian. The Ten Commandments are the foundation of how I try to live a moral life.