1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The founding fathers understood the nature of greed. They believed in the work ethic and that you help one another out in times of trouble. Since they had lived under a monarchy they did not want to have a government that controlled the people, but looked to government as necessary to maintain order in a civilized society. They realized that no one branch of government should be greater than another. Government should not control the people, people must be in control of the government.
17. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voter, Congress, Supreme court
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a fortunate man. I was born into a family that faith and church were prioritized. My father was the Sunday school superintendent and my mother the organist. In my early years I thought I might become a pastor. My own faith was shaken with the death of my father when I was 18. While the church still remained important to me, my faith took on a deeper meaning when I was in my mid 30’s. Most of my community service has been done through various non-profit organizations in the city. I am concerned about those who have less than most and that our young people be given opportunities to explore the reality of Christ and faith in their lives. I am and have been active in my community of faith (West Hills Church) serving as an elder and numerous church related committees.