1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The belief that as Lord Acton said that "power corrupts" so we must limit the powers of those who wield power so they do not corrupt themselves or the nation. To that end, we "bind them with the chains of the Constitution"
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1) Taxation- We must replace the progressive Income Tax with a national sales tax as is referred in HR 25. This legislation will end the overregulation of the IRS, which has become a monolith of waste, fraud, and abuse. 2) National Defense and Veterans Affairs- We must maintain a global presence that is prepared to meet any enemy anywhere. We must also recognize our responsibility to honor the promises we made to those that have served this great nation. 3) Foreign Affairs-I believe our membership in the United Nations has outlived its usefulness and we should resign from the organization.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
All Life if Precious and must be protected at all costs
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution,Voters, Congress, Supreme Court, Industry, Academia, Media, Professional Sports
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I proudly serve a God who has instilled in me the values of service to others above self. In my early 20's I was blessed to serve as a Missionary for 2 years for my church and the values of serving my fellow man still figure prominently in all I do.