1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
17. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
18. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The Founders were concerned about a tyrannical government. We have a Republic not a Democracy which means that we have majority rule with minority protections. They believed that men have a natural right to govern themselves and that government was instituted only to protect those rights. The nature of mankind is such that absolute power corrupts absolutely and so it was separated, defined and limited in scope and power.
19. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
20. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
21. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe that God created man, that we are all fallen and in need of redemption. I believe we are all created equal. I believe in telling the truth and not judging anyone by looks alone. I believe that the poor will always be with us and that we should not make them comfortable in their poverty. I am all for helping those who cannot help themselves but those who can work, should. I believe that marriage should not be defined by government for tax purposes. Marriage is and always has been a religious ceremony and should stay with the church. I believe that all rights come from God and that all mankind has a right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness(property).