1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
17. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
18. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The desire for freedom.
19. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
All of these things have a place, and working together, within their boundaries they are important. What I can say is that professional sports is of no authority, and the media is questionable. A belief in God, I think, is important.
20. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
No one likes abortion. But yes, a protection of choice must be preserved toward women in order to accommodate those who are at risk physically by pregnancy, those who have been raped, victims of incest, or to those who discover that their child will likely experience a painful death upon birth. My hope is that through education and access to birth control, no one will find themselves in the situation where a pregnancy is undesired. Alternatives to abortion would be welcomed and promoted, and support of organizations like "Birthright" could help to assist women with keeping their babies.
21. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian woman and feel lead by God. I also feel that religion is important for comfort and guidance in our lives.