1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Because up to that point most systems had been monarchies, autocracies and dictatorships. Also, previous attempts at democracy had fallen into dictatorship. We had established the Separation of powers to prevent abuse of power and protect civil rights and personal liberties.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. Opening entrepreneurial capital as everything revolves around our economic vitality & power, so we must address a lackluster entrepreneurial environment that’s still too restrictive & closed to those without collateral. To do this I would set up a program like Federal Student Loans with set terms & rates. It would be a great way for U.S. companies to give back as well. 2. I want to build a comprehensive state of the art border security system. Which, will increase the border patrol and create a new tactical border patrol division tasked with tactically securing the border and countering the efforts of narco-terrorists to penetrate our border. 3. My third issue is critical infrastructure protection, by hardening our vulnerable systems we can create good paying jobs that boost the economy and protect the homeland. We must modernize systems that are behind such as systems vulnerable to EMP strikes and vulnerabilities in our energy food, water, and transportation sectors.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
As a father of daughters. I am sensitive to women’s rights issues and consider myself pro-choice.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Supreme Court, Congress, Media, Academia, Industry, Professional Sports
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I have been baptized in and practice the Roman Catholic Faith. I believe in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. Personally, I put a lot of emphasis on one’s personal relationship with Christ and I consider myself a quietly practicing Catholic since I consider faith a personal matter. My daughters are baptized Christian.