1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Mankind's fallen nature includes ambition for power that then makes him vulnerable to becoming vicious and corrupt, leading to tyranny and suffering. They were very wise. We must practice good citizenship to enjoy the protections of this wisdom in the Constitution.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. Obamacare is harmful to the country and needs to be repealed. 2. Reform the tax code beginning with repeal of Amendment XVI (Income Tax). Our tax code inhibits prosperity and fosters corruption. Citizens should not be burdened with a tax law that no one can read or fully understand. 3. Balance of the federal budget and elimination of the national debt are necessary to financial soundness and stability of our country. These are fundamental Constitutional responsibilities of the Congress.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
No. Rape and incest do not constitute conditions that would justify the taking of the unborn life. Every life is sacred. Better to give compassion and gentle care to the mother, and facilitate opportunity for adoption if she desires.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God , Voters , Constitution
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am an actively practicing Catholic. I attend daily Mass. In this life, I seek to know God and love him with all my strength, and with the help of God's Law and Grace to find greater faith and hope and to serve Him with love and charity.