1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." By separating the three branches of Government, it was hoped we could do away with monarchical rule. It is interesting that some people believe we now live in a neo-monarchical oligarchy dominated by BIG government, industrial and media interests. Establishment politics dominated by the two main parties over the last hundred years or so has lead to an abdication of the responsibility of the people to actively choose our leaders.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Repeal of prohibition is important because it is a very visible symbol of a tyrannical oppression at odds with the interests of the people. It makes non-violent people criminals and this encourages criminal behavior. It is an ineffective deterrent, prevents people access to relief from suffering, drives up cartel profits, crime and gives us incarceration rates that lead the world. Repeal of the Patriot Act is important because it destroys our First and Fourth Amendment protections of free speech and privacy. Prevent passage of CISA to retain first Amendment constitutional rights, intellectual property rights, economic freedom, and privacy rights.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
The relationship between fetus and mother is uniquely personal to each woman. As a man, I am not QUALIFIED to declare a woman criminal for exercise over the dominion of her body so long as there is no viable fetus. The basis of any law to ban abortion places the state in a position of criminalizing the behavior of many women I have known, love and respect.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
God created us all in his image and likeness as spiritual beings, clothed us in the skins of animals and set us free upon the earth to labor between the spiritual and physical duality of such an existence. While it is possible to transcend this physical world and enter oneness with our God as Jesus taught, our physical limitations create fear that corrupts and