1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
I believe that the America created by our founders with our Constitution is truly a divinely inspired idea. The founders witnessed first hand the atrocities of centralized government that are anathema to the freedom given to us by God.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Healthcare - As a medical doctor, I am well aware of the many reasons why we must fully repeal ObamaCare. I have authored a free-market alternative to ObamaCare, called PatientCare. I believe we must fully repeal ObamaCare and replace it with a free-market alternative. Tax Policy - The income tax is perhaps the most abusive tool used by government to control our lives. We need to eliminate the income tax, abolish the IRS, and replace all current federal taxes, and replace them with the FairTax. Education - We need to dramatically reduce and ultimately eliminate federal involvement in education. We need to block federal mandates such as Common Core, and we need to push control of our schools down to the local level.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
As a medical doctor, I know that life begins at conception and I believe it should be protected at every stage from conception to natural death. I will fight to achieve that reality as a United States Senator. I am also well aware of the fact that I am judged by my results, not simply my intentions. If a bill where before me that eliminated some abortions but provided exceptions I would vote for that bill because it would save lives today.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am born-again Christian, humbled to stand in the presence of God and proud to call myself His son.
NRA - AQ grade (http://www.nrapvf.org/grades-endorsements/2014/kansas.aspx)