1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
National Debt: National Debt has caused our nation to have to maintain high tax rates which hurt the Middle Class, decrease economic freedom, and create a control structure in the federal government never imagined by the Founders. Veterans issues: Veterans make a contract with our nation that if they are in place to guard our freedoms that they will be taken care of by the nation they protected. In many areas of our government veterans are treated indifferently and as less important. They should be treated with respect and fairness in particular when it comes to receiving the Constitutionally Protected benefits that they deserve when injured in the line of duty. American Energy: Develop Energy Policies that concentrate energy production here in the USA while weening us off of most foreign Oil, especially from Terror Sponsoring Nations like Venezuela and certain Middle Eastern Oil Producing Nations.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
For self-preservation in the case of when the life of the mother is in danger. Ronald Reagan believed that rape was also a legitimate reason. I am torn on this issue of rape understanding the tremendous suffering a woman is going through, but also understanding that the life of the child is important and that it is not the fault of the child produced. I am still wavering on this particular aspect of allowable abortion and cannot give a solid yes or no on it. Only three percent of abortions take place for reasons of rape, incest, fetal abnormality or health of the mother. The other 97 percent are elective. We must end that 97 percent while continuing to deliberate on the other three percent.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters House of Reps (Congress) Senate (Congress) SCOTUS
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ as articulated in Evangelical Christianity. I grew up Catholic, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for many of the Traditions of the Catholic Church and the Sacraments, however I chose to follow a less human directed path through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.