1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
I’m running for US Congress in 11th District of Illinois because we need to save our country. I’m excited to take my 20 years of Caterpillar leadership experience and get to work for the people in Illinois' District 11. 1) The federal government cannot continue to spend twice as much money as they take in. Our biggest security risk is now our national debt. I will lead the charge to create a path to balance the budget. 2) Obamacare is unsustainable and it will lead the United States of America to financial destruction. We must repeal it and replace with free market health care principles - like allowing insurance to be sold across state lines and eliminating the bureaucratic “insurance exchanges”. 3) We need term limits to get rid of the narcissistic career politicians that hinder our nation’s progress. I will lead effort to pass a law that restricts an individual from serving more than three terms in Congress.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I am prolife.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court, Industry, Academia, Media, Professional Sports
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I accepted Christ as my savior as a child. I grateful to have been able to serve Him for many years.
Illinois Family Institute 2014 Primary Voter Guide: http://illinoisfamily.org/110files/uploads/2014/01/IFI-VG-Primary_2014_16-pages.pdf Illinois Citizens for Life 2014 Primary Candidate Ratings: http://icl-life.com/Prim14.pdf