1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Judeo-Christian Values truly are the basis for all Western Civilizations; especially the United States. From these common values our common laws are based. The Founding Fathers of this nation built upon these values; formally recognizing that all individuals are born with unalienable rights from a creator. These divine rights can never be infringed upon by men. The limited government our founders envisioned was intended, not only, to recognize these individual rights, but to preserve them.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
The only national legacies older generations are now leaving for younger generations are: debt and war. To compound these challenges, we have stripped younger Americans of their heritage of liberty and freedom. To resolve this situation I wrote a 5-Law plan to revitalize manufacturing, restore the middle class, reduce debt and downsize the Federal Government. Please see my website here: SwanForAmerica.com Briefly, the first three Bills of my 5-Law Plan are: Resolve Illegal Immigration- Permit illegals to remain here and pay a fine. Reform Taxes- Establish a 15/20 Flat Tax for individuals and businesses. Reducing corporate taxes, coupled with the expanded labor market above, will return manufacturing and agriculture to our nation. Reform Social Security- Permit individuals to keep a 1/3 of their Social Security in an individual account to: save for retirement at 59 1/2; apply to current mortgage payments; or use for medical expenses.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
The issue of abortion is truly an ethical reflection of how we value innocent human life; individually and as a society. I value the human life within a womb as greatly as I value all innocent lives outside of wombs. No person should be compelled by agency, government or individual to participate directly—or indirectly—in the termination of unborn human life. With a life centered view, I do recognize the exception for abortion when the mother’s life is seriously endangered and both lives cannot be saved.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court. Declaration states all men are created equal with unalienable rights. To preserve these divine rights the Constitution establishes and ordains “We the People” as highest authority in our government.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Religion: I am a devote Christian. Over my lifetime I experienced myriad churches, books, mentors and teachers. I also experienced personal hardship and joy. Through these years I developed a deep love for, and resolute faith in, Jesus Christ. While my faith is unshakeable, I will never compel anyone--by force or shame--to accept my religious beliefs as their own. Values: I recognize Judeo-Christian values as the moral foundation for all Western Civilizations; as I recognize Islam as the basis for all Islamic nations. All societies must have a common value system shared by its population; a system which defines for individuals right from wrong, acceptable and unacceptable. This is not my opinion, but rather ancient wisdom regarding societies. It is from these shared values that common laws are developed. Our common, shared values and laws are based firmly on Judeo-Christian teachings; values that best support the concepts of freedom and liberty.