1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The desire to consolidate more and more power in a centralized government is compelling. Many of our Founders even believed it was inevitable. I believe they were correct. Even though the Constitution clearly delineates power, we are witnessing the Obama Administration continue to consolidate power to itself. We the people must put a stop to this dangerous and illegal practice immediately. I believe the 10th Amendment has been ignored for far too long.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Congressional Term Limits - The Founders envisioned citizen legislators. Today we have professional politicians that are all too comfortable with kicking the can down the road when it comes to solving our problems. Term limits will ensure that people only go to Congress to actually get stuff done rather than treat it is a career. Balanced Budget Amendment - Spending is out of control. A $17.5 Trillion debt is immoral. We must stop stealing from future generations to pay for our nasty spending habit. This out of control debt is a profound danger to our future and our safety. Elimination of the IRS and Implementation of the Fair Tax - The IRS has been used as a political weapon for far too long, and it is past time that we stop punishing production by taxing income. Taxing spending will allow the individual to determine how much he or she pays in taxes each year. This will also invent investment and saving, which will ensure a huge growth in job creation all across our country.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Only if the life of the mother is at risk. Regarding question #12 above - I could not answer it because the Founders did not create a "pure democracy." The Founders created a Republic. Given that, the question didn't make sense, so I had not answer for it.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Voters Constitution Congress Supreme Court
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in the God of the Bible. Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I find all my strength in following Christ. My prayers to God sustain and rejuvenate me, and it is only when I supplicate myself in prayer to God that I find the wisdom necessary to live the life God has called me to live.