1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The nature of man to take power where available and use it to the greatest length allowed. Unlike Europe, our Founding Fathers did not want an individual or legislative body to carry unchecked power, which could lead to the the type of tyranny they had originally sought to escape.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Healthcare - Obamacare is the single most destructive piece of legislation passed by Congress and it must be repealed National Debt - Our national debt is our nation's biggest security threat. We need to rein in spending and reduce the debt if we are to secure a more prosperous future for our children and grandchildren. Protecting Life - As a doctor, I know that science and faith intersect to tell us that life begins at conception. We must work to repeal Roe v. Wade and put an end to this terrible practice.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
No - abortion is never a solution.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe through God I can achieve anything. His power and love have made me a better husband, better father, and better person. I seek God's wisdom in everything I do, and look for his guidance each morning to help me be a better Christian each day.