1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
I believe nature of man is flawed and absolute power corrupts. Limited and separation of powers allows the public to be free from over reaching government.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. Term Limits - Congress was not supposed to be a full time or lifetime job. People should serve and come home. I hope this will allow the people to develop more trust in Congress. 2. Reducing budget - We should start with legislative branch. Congress' $1.2 million budget for offices, staff and travel is too much. Cut in half then look at the rest of budget and see what can be cut. Lead by example! I hope this will allow people to develop more trust in Congress. 3. Balance Budget amendment - its time federal government spent only what comes in revenue. Only exception should be time of crisis that is agreed to by super majority of both houses of Congress.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
As an adoptive parent I surely see the value of life. I see that abortion should be an option to preserve the life of the mother. I also know that abortion will only be eliminated by the change in the hearts of the people rather than imposition of government mandate.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a born again Christian. I have a great wife and five children that were adopted out of foster care. I live daily in the light of God and the Bible.