GIVEN BY CANDIDATEBryan King
RECEIVED BY CANDIDATEAndy Davis
1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Man's sinful nature. "If men were angels, no government would be necessary" James Madison
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. Protecting Life - Through legislation I have proven I am a defender of life, because the unborn cannot defend themselves. I am proud to have helped draft, sponsor and pass the strongest pro-life legislation in Arkansas history. 2. Government spending and overreach- The size of government eats away at our basic freedoms, by the funding of wasteful, unnecessary programs. We are forfeiting the quality of life and security for future generations through a burdensome debt and flawed policy. 3. Repealing Obamacare- The government mandate for Obamacare represents a loss of freedom for individuals required to purchase it, and for those individuals who lost their existing healthcare coverage. Furthermore, government programs are known to be wasteful and inefficient. Our country deserves better.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
To save the life of the mother.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution,Voters*, Congress the Supreme Court. *Voters acting in large enough numbers can change the Constitution, Congress, and the Supreme Court via their power to be involved in elections, and the amendment process.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in God the Father, maker of Heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ, his only begotten son, our Lord, who was born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; he descended into Hell and on the third day, he arose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God, from whence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting.
2014 NRA Grade: A Arkansas Family Council survey - http://arkansasvotersguide.com/?page_id=13&officeid=4&district=2