1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. Because evolution is widely accepted, students should not be taught about intelligent design.
4. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
5. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
6. States should require voters to show photo identification and prove citizenship in order to register to vote or to cast a vote.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Life begins at conception and that any "extenuating circumstance" should recongnize this truth.
13. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Our Founding Father's recognized that governments created by men have the inherent nature to grow, diminish liberty allowed to citzens under Natural Law, and take on more and more power. For that reason, our Founding Fathers created a "federal" (from the Latin word "fidelis", meaning loyal) government with constitutionally limited powers.
14. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters Congress Supreme Court
15. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements you have received from groups or individuals.
Virginia Society for Human Life NRA NFIB Farm Bureau American Conservative Union Virginia Chamber of Commerce
16. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
EDUCATIONAL: WASHINGTON & LEE UNIVERSITY, Lexington, VA J.D. degree (1984) MAGDALEN COLLEGE - OXFORD UNIVERSITY Cert. Jur. (1982) DUKE UNIVERSITY, Durham, N.C. A.B. degree cum laude (1980) VIRGINIA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, Alexandria, VA Diploma in Theology (2010) PROFESSIONAL: WALSH, COLUCCI, LUBELEY, EMRICH & WALSH, P.C. Leesburg, Virginia Managing Partner, Loudoun County Office 1998 – present Member, Bar of the United States Supreme Court COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, HOUSE OF DELEGATES, Richmond Member, 10th District (Loudoun, Clarke, and Frederick Counties) 2011 - Present COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA, OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR, Richmond Deputy Counselor and Advisor to Governor Bob McDonnell, 2010 - 2011 COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT OF VIRGINIA, Richmond, Personal Law Clerk to Hon. A. Christian Compton, Associate Justice 1984-85
17. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Chairman, Loudoun County Economic Development Commission 1997, 1998, Member and Charter Appointee, 1995- 2010 Chairman, Rural Economic Development Task Force, 1997-1999 President, Loudoun County Bar Association, 1995-1996 Founder, Courthouse Facilities Advisory Committee, 1995 Member, Board of Directors, Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce 2006-Present Chairman and Moderator, “Loudoun County Virtual Realty Tour”, 2006-2010 POTOMAC APPALACHIAN TRAIL CLUB General Counsel, 1990-98 Awarded Honorary Life Membership, 1998 BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA National Centennial Jamboree Scoutmaster, 2010 Silver Beaver Award, 2010 District Chairman, Goose Creek District (Loudoun County), 2006-2008 Chairman, Good Scout Dinner, Goose Creek District 2006, 2007 Scoutmaster, Troop 998, Leesburg, VA 2008 - 2011 Award of Merit, Goose Creek District, 2008 Wood Badge, 2009, Order of the Arrow, Vigil Honor Eagle Scout, 1971 SAINT JAMES EPISCOPAL CHURCH Licensed Lay Eucharistic Minister, Visitor, and Reader