1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The laws of nature, closely related to man’s natural rights, do not owe their existence to any man or government. In justifying their independence before the entire world, the Founders needed to appeal to a standard that all reasonable men could recognize by limiting the power of the government and securing the liberty of citizens.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Farmer Businessman Deacon at Powell Baptist Church State Representative, GA House (117) 2008-2012 Columbia County Commission 2004-2008 Columbia County School Board 1984-1992 President, Columbia County Farm Bureau for 27 years Georgia Cattleman's Association Wild Turkey Federation State Chairman, Georgia Young Farmer Committee Attended Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College and Brewton Parker College
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Powell Baptist Church Republican Party Boys and Girls Club
17. Please list, up to six (6) in number, the endorsements (groups or individuals) you would most like to promote.
Georgia Right to Life Agriculture Commissioner Gary Black DOT Board Member Don Grantham Sheriff Clay Whittle Raybon Anderson R.T. Stanley