1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. Because evolution is widely accepted, students should not be taught about intelligent design.
4. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
5. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
6. States should require voters to show photo identification and prove citizenship in order to register to vote or to cast a vote.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Yes, Rape, Incest, Life of the Mother
13. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
14. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Supreme Court, voters, congress
15. Please list, up to six in number, the endorsements (groups or individuals) you would most like to promote.
Right to Life, NRA, Farm Bureau
16. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Bachelors of Science in Meat and Animal Science from UW-Madison; Owner, Operator of a large feed, seed, farm supply grain business; State Senator; Berlin Area School Board, served as President; Grace Lutheran Church, Berlin, First Lutheran Church, Poy Sippi, Church Council President, Luther League Counselor; Grace Lutheran Church Ripon, Adult Forum Leader, VBS leader, Call Committee Chairman, Finance Committee member; Wisconsin Rural Leadership, Group IV; University Hospital and Clinics Board member, Finance and Audit committee member; Education Commission of the States, Vice President, Executive Committee Member, Chaired national search committee for President and CEO, Denver,CO; Regional Education Lab Board member and Executive Committee member, Naperville, IL; Educational Communications Board member, Madison, WI.
17. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
See Above description