1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, and co-equal Congress and Supreme Court
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
James Madison "Ambition must be made to counteract ambition. The interest of the man must be connected with the constitutional rights of the place. It may be a reflection on human nature, that such devices should be necessary to control the abuses of government. But what is government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature?"
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
I am the current congressman of Wisconsin's 7th district. Before that, I was the District Attorney of Ashland County.
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Knights of Columbus, youth minister at Our Lady of the Lake Ashland, Wisconsin, GOP 7th District Chairman
17. Please list, up to six (6) in number, the endorsements (groups or individuals) you would most like to promote.