1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
only when the life of the mother is at risk
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The urge to control, manipulate, and take advantage of others is attributable to our fallen, corruptive and selfish nature. Government therefore must be limited and with checks and balances to function as good government.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
1) Master in Bus. Adm. from the University of Minnesota, 1990 2) VP of Operations for Life-Science Innovations (LSI), Willmar, Minnesota. LSI is the parent company of over 10 affiliated companies including Willmar Poultry Company, about 1500 employees in the field of agriculture, engineering and bioscience. Employed by LSI since 1996. 3) General Manager of Willmar Poultry Company, about 250 employees, produced and marketed 40 million "day-old" turkey poults per year. 4) Economic Consultant for Phillips Petroleum Company, responsible for the economic justification of major capital projects ranging up to $500 million (1993-96). 5) Consultant for Coopers & Lybrand, Minneapolis, 1990-93. 6) Endorsed Republican Candidate for U.S. House, MN CD7
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
1) Served as board member and treasurer for Community Christian School in Willmar, MN (7 years) 2) Co-founder and board member of Willmar Area Faith at Work 3) Served as treasurer of North Sea Baptist Church, Stavanger Norway (1994-95)
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements you have received from groups or individuals.
1) 2012 campaign: in progress 2) 2010 campaign: endorsed by ABC, Republican National Coalition for Life, and ALICPAC. Received AQ rating by the NRA ("AQ" is the highest rating possible by a non-incumbent candidate), applauded by Americans for Prosperity for signing the "No Climate Tax Pledge"