1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
The children's parents.
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
The decision to abort a fetus should belong only to the woman carrying the fetus. Government and everyone else should have NO decisionmaking power.
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
The individual's personal god. The Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court.I recognize no other "Authority".
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Governments have historically been seized and manipulated for selfish purposes by parasites and preditors,(which is America's present situation). Our Founders fully understood that danger, and placed limits (in plain English) on the power of the government to govern, by specifically protecting the rights and liberties of the people.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
My name is Dennis Hawver, and I am the Libertarian candidate for U.S. Congress, Second District, Kansas. I was born in 1943 in Topeka Kansas I graduated from Topeka High, Washburn University with a bachelor’s degree in history and political science, and Washburn Law School. I am married to my high school sweetheart Jolayne Lyon Hawver, and live and practice law outside of Ozawkie, Kansas. I served six years as a United States Air Force combat intelligence officer, and I am a 1967-68 Vietnam vet. My religious beliefs are personal and private.
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
American MENSA, American Legion, Kansas and Jefferson County Bar Association. Hawaii Bar Association, Libertarian Party, Mankind Project. Pro bono work in my law practice.
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements you have received from groups or individuals.
I solicit no endorsements.