1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
The parents (family)
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
ONLY if a doctor MUST save a woman's life
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God - Voters - Constitution - Supreme Court - Congress
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The tendency to pursue, attain and hold onto POWER for selfish purposes (the Bible calls this Sin). Greed, envy, strife, selfishness, theft, lust, hatred and other weaknesses of man were also a consideration (our flawed nature).
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
BA, Poli.Science, Univ. of Puget Sound; MPA - Masters Public Administration / Government, Golden Gate University. Intern to a Senator during college. Veteran: USAF Pilot/officer in Vietnam & Desert Storm, retired as Lt Colonel after 22 yrs of service (decorated); Retired NW Airlines 747 Instructor Captain, after 31 yrs; currently a B-747 Contract Instructor Pilot for the Boeing Company. Four years service on local school board (elective) during which time I lobbied in Washington, D.C. for schools, children and educational issues; Served on local church board as: president, deacon, trustee, treasurer. Active in past in Rotary International, Chamber of Commerce
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Founder and President of Celebrate America - a charitable, service and educational organization; Long-time member and officer in local church - an Assembly of God congregation in Marysville, WA... includes volunteer work as leader, teacher, helper with meals program for community on Thursday evenings; Member of the Heritage Foundation; the Washington Policy Center; American Legion (officer); VFW, Combat Vets; Reserve Officers Association; Naval Institute; the Nature Conservancy; a founding member of the Cousteau Society; Signer of the Manhattan Declaration; Rotary International. Have coached Little League baseball Member of GOP - Republican Party; ALPA - Air Line Pilots Association NRA Life Member - former FFDO, Federal Flight Deck Officer - armed pilots program, deputized by Federal Air Marshall Program (TSA) Operation Special Delivery & Union Gospel Mission - contributor.
17. Please list, up to six (6) in number, the endorsements (groups or individuals) you would most like to promote.
Human Life PAC; Washington State Farm Bureau (PAC; Combat Veterans for Congress PAC; Pastor Joe Fuiten; Pastor Les Welk; Pastor Scott Cooper; and many other endorsements.