1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Life begins at conception,
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
My oath is to the US Constitution. I take that oath by seriously.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
This question, and the answer to it, is simply too long to type here....
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Georgetown University UNC-Chapel Hill Law School Harvard Business School US House of Represetnatives (2011-present) SC Senate (2009-2010) SC House (2007-2009) Founding Member: Our Lady of Grace Catholic Mission Indian Land Rotary Youth Baseball Coach Youth Basketball Coach
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements (groups or individuals) of your current candidacy.
I have "A" ratings and/or score above 90% on legislative scorecards from the following groups: Heritage Action, National Right to Life, Freedom Works, NRA, Club for Growth, and Citizens Against Government Waste, among others.