1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Only if the mother's life is in danger.
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress/Supreme Court
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
That man is inherently evil, and that absolute power corrupts. As long as power is checked and balanced it cannot be abused. Abuse of power was what they were fighting against at the birth of the Constitution, and what they wanted to ensure against in this new form of government.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
I hold a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering from New Mexico State University. I was a project engineer for a small environmental engineering consulting company, Environeering, Inc. out of Houston, Texas for approximately five years. I was an environmental specialist for Navajo Refining in Artesia, New Mexico for 6.5 years. I am currently the owner/operator of my own small ranching business in Tucumcari, New Mexico.
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
4-H Baptist Church Volunteer fire fighter New Mexico Livestock Association Member of Farm Bureau Heritage Foundation Republican Party of Quay County K-Love radio American Society of Agricultural Engineers
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements (groups or individuals) of your current candidacy.
NM Senator Clint Hardin NM Representative Dennis Roch Superintendent Ricky Hazen Pastor Fred Caton Dr. Franklin Freeland, Navajo Nation