1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
This is not a federal issue
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
voters, congress; supreme court; constitution; God is a personal issue and each person must elect his or her own acceptance of that authority
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The Founding Fathers balanced powers by creating three branches that oversee each other. They recognized the need to avoid a King and single ruler and knew that power was best left to the people and for the people!
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
I have a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree and a Law degree. I am a lawyer, do not hold political office, am deaf in one ear so no military experience (both parents were in the Navy). Ran for the United States Senate 12 years ago for many of the same reasons I am running today - money and special interests are polluting our system of government. Feel, as a lawyer, it is my responsibility to fight for the best political system ever created.
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Was a teacher; taught college until the school moved. Was a Democrat but have been an Independent for many years.
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements (groups or individuals) of your current candidacy.
Presently I am not seeking any. As an Independent I want complete Independence. I want to answer to the voters - not someone who has endorsed me.