1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
No. I believe in no exceptions.
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters Congress Supreme Court Others do not apply.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Therefore, power may not be centralized in a single branch of government. If we are to govern ourselves in a healthy manner, the three branches of government must check and balance each other. It is also indispensable that We the People remain in charge via the election process.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Mayor, Borough of Highlands 2008-present; Monmouth County Freeholder 2006-2007; Highlands Borough Council 2003-2006; Bayshore Business Conference 2009; Monmouth County Transportation Council 2005-2007; Route 36 Bridge Steering Committee 2004-2006; Highlands Environmental Commission 2002-2004; NJ Family Policy Council Defender of the Family Award 2010; 60 Plus Friend of Seniors Award 2010; Joseph P. Miele Foundation Alumni Award 2005; Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, NJ-JD 1992; Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan 1989; Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ-BA- Modern Languages, Major: Spanish/French, Minor: Asian Studies(Japanese and Russian)
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Highlands Borough Council Housing Committee 2004; Genevieve Hawley Memorial Scholarship Fund Trustee 2006-present; St. Agnes Choir member, soloist 2005-2008; Joann Frielinghaus Memorial Scholarship Fund Trustee 2004-present; Sandy Hook Little League volunteer soloist 2003-present; Baykeepers' Oyster Reseeding Project, gardener 2003; Historical Society of Highlands, member 2001-present; Highlands Repubiican Club, active member 2000-present; Highlands Community Singers, member, soloist 2000-2006; OLPH Choir member (cantor,children's choir aide) 1999-present; Trustee Afghan Women and Children in need 2010-present.
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements (groups or individuals) of your current candidacy.
Middlesex County Republican Organization; Independence Hall Tea Party; Monmouth County Tea Party Coalition; Bayshore Tea Party Group; West Jersey Tea Party. 2010 endorsements are available on our website including National Right to Life, NJ Right to LIfe, National Rifle Association.