1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
It should be safe, legal & rare.
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
Constitution, Supreme Court, Congress, voters, Creator, Industry, Academia, Media.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
They were inspired by a variety of major documents of the ages including the Magna Carta. Our Founding documents were the summation of the ideas of great men of thought like Aristotle, Plato, Adam Smith, John Locke and Alexis de Tocqueville. The Constitution was the practical application in government of the Enlightenment and Age of Reason.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
BA Colby College 1989 Diploma in Legislative Studies (post-grad) Hull University 1994 Judge/mentor for Public Speaking class contest Boothbay Regional High School Spring 2012
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Maine Young Republican Chairman late-90s. Tea Party Patriots Maine coordinator 2009-2011 Tea Party Patriots Local coordinator 2009-2010 Speaking Tour 8000 miles/26 days on behalf of TPP Nov 2009
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements (groups or individuals) of your current candidacy.
Maine Libertarian Party, Gary Johnson for President, New Generation PAC, Bob Zadek (radio host), Bruce Majors (LP candidate for House in DC), Ralph King (tea party activist Ohio).