1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
When the life of the mother is at risk, such as in a tubular pregnancy. In the interim as we work toward this, I believe we should overturn Roe v. Wade so that states are freed to pass legislation to protect the unborn.
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters Congress Supreme Court Each of these derives its powers from the entity above it, except the Supreme Court which derives its powers from the Constitution, but can only interpret the law or declare it unconstitutional.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
A desire for power and greed.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Bachelor of Arts, Brigham Young University Business Owner for 31 Years Public School Teacher for 6 Years Volunteer Teacher at Private Commonwealth School Conductor of Community Choir and Messiah Orchestra and Chorus Professional Performing Musician 45 years Bishopric Member (LDS) 5 different bishoprics Quorum President (LDS) twice Stake Music Chairman (LDS) Stake Sunday School President (LDS) State Delegate (Republican and Constitution Parties) Precinct Chairman (") Assistant to the President (LDS Mission) Assistant to the Director (BYU Cougar Band)
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
LDS Church Washington Country Commonwealth School Republican Party (previously) Constitution Party (current) Sevier County School District Washington County School District Alan Keyes Presidential Campaign (R) John Swallow Congressional Campaign (R) Chuck Baldwin Presidential Campaign (C)
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements you have received from groups or individuals.
Jake Shannon, Utah Libertarian Party Chairman Tim Alders, Republican Candidate for US Senate Frank Flukiger, National Chairman, Constitution Party